That is a very complex and vexing question, and depending on who you talk to, you will find a gazillion opinions on what needs to be done. Everyone has their own priorities and leanings on which way the government needs to go. I am not going to even try to cover these opinions, simply because, well, I only have my opinion and my point of view. That is not to say that others opinions are not valid. They are. But here I will try to articulate as best as I can, what I feel needs to be done;
In the years, decades and centuries since our Constitution and Bill of Rights was penned, there has been countless politicians who have taken every opportunity to chip away at those very Rights that we hold near and dear to our hearts. I dare say there hasn’t been a single Administration that hasn’t in some way, diminished our rights in some way that causes the Bill of Rights to become less relevant. This current administration is in my opinion, one of the worst, if not THE worst and most egregious violator of these rights. As much as I try, I cannot enumerate each and every violation because there are simply too many and a lot of the “violations” are being kept secret. But fortunately for us, there are still some very good investigative reporting still being practiced and we get wind of current happenings that profoundly impact our Constitution. And as we all know, there are some what I call “Rouge Agencies” that seem to work at nothing less than thinking of ways to intentionally violate the Bill of Rights in one way or another. These assaults on the Bill of Rights come from all sorts of federal agencies. I dare say there are few that don’t. I can think of many with each one usurping the Constitution in one way or another. We now live in nation where our God-given freedoms are being tossed aside, all for what the Feds say is increased safety and security. Benjamin Franklin said “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety”. This is as true today as it was in 1769 when he first penned it in a letter. This “temporary safety” that BF talks about, is exactly what the Feds are professing to supply to us, as long as “We The People” knuckle under and submit to all the violations of our rights. After all, it’s for our own good right? Well, in a word, No.
American politics has taken a crucial turn and the mainstream politicians have failed to recognize this fact. What has changed? Well, for the first time in American history, the common citizen has access to an unprecedented amount of information, literally at their fingertips. This of course is the internet. (Remember Al Gore’s invention).. Anyway, contemporary politicians, for the first time, are being held strictly accountable for their actions. The days of the “back room deals” are numbered and the duller politicians are slow to realize this simple immutable fact.
Now, to them eat of the matter. What are some of the things that needs to get done in order to restore this nation to a Constitutional Republic? Here are my suggestions;
- At a MINIMUM a roll-back of all Presidential Executive Orders by Obama that violate the Constitution and Bill of Rights.
- I would like to see more checks-and-balances instituted that makes it much more difficult to violate the Constitution and Bill of Rights.
- I would like to see a program instituted nation wide that would be required by every State and Local agency that takes Federal moneys. This would be a program that was designed to root out those people who have a proclivity for planning, instituting and supporting actions or programs that violate the Constitution and Bill of Rights. People who do not hold these rights inviolate have no place in public office of any kind. Call me McCarthy, I don’t care….It need to be done…
- Downsize and restrict funding for those agencies that usurp the rights of private citizens as a matter of doing business, such as the type of centers and agencies I have written about in the past.
- Our Elected Officials MUST live up to their oath of office. Period, no discussion. This means that the next provision will be upheld…
- As in #2, we need more checks-and-balances to ensure our Commander and Chief lives up to the letter of the law and cannot perpetrate the type of shenanigans our current one has gotten away with. NO more of this crap….
This is not by all means, an all-inclusive list. These are just a few of things that I think need to get done to get us back on the path to a Constitutional Republic. I invite all to comment and add your own “wish list” of actions.